How to Make a Birthday Speech – from celebrant
A birthday speech from the celebrant should be light-hearted, sincere and thankful in tone. The celebrant should poke a little gentle fun at himself or herself.
What to include in a birthday speech:
- An interesting opening to catch the attention of the guests.
- A welcome to the guests
- A thank you to the guests for their gifts and best wishes.
- A glance back at the past.
- A mention of hopes for the future
- Sometimes it is appropriate to thank a family member for organizing the party.
What should not be included:
- Anything blue or smutty or offensive
- A mention of anything personal that might upset a family member or guests (e.g. alcoholism)
How to end:
- The birthday speech from a celebrant should end on a positive note of praise for birthday guests and the hope that there will be another party next year.
Click here for our list of Ready-to-Go Birthday Speeches – downloadable instantly.
These speeches are available instantly. You will receive a number of speeches that you can use to create your own masterpiece.