How to Make a Birthday Speech – to celebrant or by a guest
Birthday speeches should be light-hearted yet sincere. Birthday speeches should be congratulatory in tone and, if the audience consists of family and friends, personal in content.
What to include in birthday speeches:
- Birthday speeches should have an opening that will captivate the attention of the audience.
- They should mention the celebrant?s personality, talents or hobbies.
- They should mention the celebrant?s family.
- They should look back over the celebrant?s past
- They should look forward to the his/her future
- The speech should include a thank you for the invitation to attend the celebration.
What not to include:
- Birthday speeches should not mention anything that will cause pain or embarrassment to the celebrant or guests (e.g. alcoholism)
- The birthday speech should not be smutty or dirty in any way.
- There are some people who would find it offensive to have their age mentioned even in fun. So be sure before you roast them.
How to end:
- Birthday speeches should always end with a relevant birthday toast.
Click here for our list of Ready-to-Go Birthday Speeches – downloadable instantly.
These speeches are available instantly. You will receive a number of speeches that you can use to create your own masterpiece.