How to Make a Conference Speech
There are many kinds of conference speeches. You may be acting as MC and opening and closing the conference or you may be a guest speaker. The conference subject may be business, health, entertainment or a dozen subjects in between. There is, however, a format for such speeches and you should be careful to keep to it.
What to include:
- The correct forms of address. Often such conferences have important guests present and it is important that you should address them correctly.
- A riveting opening that will catch the attention of the audience.
- An appropriate thank you e.g. to guest speaker, conference organiser or committee.
- A welcome to all present.
- A mention of the wonderful venue.
- The speech should also include content that looks at the topic from an unusual angle. Doctors will have heard thousands of speeches about heart disease already. Make yours stand out.
- If applicable, your speech should give details of the rest of the conference.
What not to say:
- Any smutty story or blue joke.
- Any criticism of the club/association. If you think changes are necessary make an alternative suggestion instead of criticising the present situation.
- Any critical reference to someone who is present.
How to End:
- Overall the speech should reflect the ethos of the club/association. If it is a charitable club the speeches should be about how to help others. If it is a business association it should be about how to improve business. If it is relevant the speech should end with a toast to the club/association or perhaps to someone who has served in it.
Click here for our list of Ready-to-Go Conference Speeches – downloadable instantly.
These speeches are available instantly. You will receive a number of speeches that you can use to create your own masterpiece.