How to Make a Father of the Groom’s Speech
The Father of the groom’s speech should be light-hearted yet sincere. As with all good speeches it should have a riveting opening.
What to include:
- You should express your thanks to your hosts for a wonderful day.
- If you are hosting or co-hosting the wedding you should welcome guests.
- You should mention your son, his hobbies and personality and your relationship with him.
- You might also might mention your other children and the groom?s place in family life.
- You must definitely welcome the bride and her family into your family
- You might, as father of the groom include some pertinent advice on marriage
- You might like to say some gracious words to your own wife about marriage.
What not to say:
- Never be blue or smutty or offensive
- Do not mention previous boyfriends or partners
- Anything that would embarrass a member of the wedding party or a guest e.g. mention of alcoholism or drug taking.
How to End:
- Your speech should end with your blessings on the couple.
Click here for our list of Ready-to-Go Father of the Groom’s Speeches – downloadable instantly.
These speeches are available instantly. You will receive a number of speeches that you can use to create your own masterpiece.