How to Make a Wedding Anniversary Speech- to couple by a guest
Wedding anniversary speeches to the couple should be light-hearted yet sincere. A little bit of nostalgia adds to wedding anniversary speeches. Do a little bit of research amongst family and friends to find out what the couple mean to other people too.
What to include in wedding anniversary speeches:
- An interesting opening to catch the attention of guests.
- A mention of some special incident during the couple?s married life.
- Try to add a funny story about something that has happened during their wedded life.
- A reference to the number of years married especially if it is a big anniversary such as a silver or gold.
- A good anniversary speech will include mention of some of the achievements of the couple over the years. You might mention the company they formed or the prizes they won for bridge.
- A mention of the couple in the family context. E.g. An anniversary speech should speak of how they supported their children or looked after their parents or visited their grandchildren in far distant places.
- Sometimes it is appropriate to thank a family member or friend for organizing the party.
- Presentation of any special gift.
What should not be included:
- Anything blue or smutty or offensive
- A mention of anything personal that might upset a family member or guest (e.g. alcoholism)
How to end:
- Anniversary speeches (To the couple) should express the best wishes of those present at the gathering and end with a toast to many more years of happiness.
Click here for our list of Ready-to-Go Wedding Anniversary Speeches – downloadable instantly.
These speeches are available instantly. You will receive a number of speeches that you can use to create your own masterpiece.