How to Make a Groom’s Speech
The groom’s speech should be light-hearted yet sincere. It should, after all, come from the heart. The opening of the groom?s speech should grab the attention of the audience.
What to include:
- An opening that will capture the attention of the audience.
- An explanation of your relationship with the best man and a story or incident about that relationship.
- You ought to thank both sets of parents for their care and love.
- You should praise your bride, her beauty and say what she means to him
- You should thank your guests for their presence and (if applicable) their gifts
- (If applicable) You should mention the trouble your clergyman/woman took to make your day special
What not to say:
- Never be blue or smutty or offensive
- Do not mention previous partners
- Anything that would embarrass a member of the wedding party or a guest e.g. alcoholism or drug taking.
How to End:
- You should end with a gracious toast to the bridesmaids.
Click here for our list of Ready-to-Go Groom’s Speeches – downloadable instantly.
These speeches are available instantly. You will receive a number of speeches that you can use to create your own masterpiece.